The Schwinn 270 is a feature rich recumbent exercise bike that would make a great addition to any home gym. It’s highly effective exercise programs, variety in the exercise resistance levels and the ability to ensure users are comfortable while exercising make this recumbent bike a effective piece of cardio equipment.
The variety in features provided by the Schwinn 270 exercise bike should definitely bring this bike into contention for your next upgrade/purchase. Below I will go through each of the features and functionality to make it a little bit easier for you to understand what you are getting when buying this bike.
- In total there are 29 different workout programs. I don’t know about you but exercising can feel like a chore on some days. It’s features like exercise programs that can make a huge difference to your overall motivation. It includes 4 user custom settings, and the ability to track how well you are doing with user goals alongside many other programs designed to make your workout more challenging and diverse.
- An impressive amount of resistance levels, with 25 in total. From the beginner, right the way through to the more veteran cyclist, there will be a resistance level that you can use to get an effective ‘burn’ and brilliant workout that will help you get in shape in no time.
- Everyone dislikes noisy exercise machines, they can be very distracting at times, when you are trying to focus and concentrate. Luckily the Schwinn 270 bike comes with a flywheel that operates surprisingly quietly and runs very smoothly. With the amount of variance in the feature list this bike provides, this comes as a refreshing addition.
- The LCD display/computer – like many other recumbent exercise bikes on the market will display the most common exercise tracking data such as speed distance and so on. It will also display your user set goals which I talked about in the workout programs section above. This is extremely handy as it will let you know where you are fitness wise, and how far away you are from reaching your goals. If that isn’t a motivation factor, then I don’t know what is.
- Comfort – While some recumbent bikes on the market can give users various aches and pains due to poorly designed seating and little adjust ability options, the Schwinn 270 comes with a contoured and padded seat to ensure users are comfortable through all stages of their workout. It provides a decent amount of back support and is adjustable to fit most users personal comfort requirements.
- A sturdy design with features that highlight durability that you often find in a lot of Schwinn’s cardio equipment.
- Easy to move around thanks to the transport wheels provided. Some bikes can take up way too much space and can often be difficult to move, thankfully Schwinn has you covered with the 270.
- It includes a 3 speed fan which will really help you keep cool on those intensive cycling regimes.
|Schwinn 270||25||29||300 lbs||67 x 27 x 13|
|Schwinn 250||16||17||275 lbs||66.9 x 25.6 x 12.6|
|Schwinn 220||16||8||300 lbs||56.7 x 25.6 x 10.9|
Many conclusions can be drawn from these comparisons. But it is quite clear there is a greater amount of training options on the 270.
The Schwinn 270 is head and shoulders above most of the recumbent bikes on the market. What’s more it provides a decent amount of durability and a huge amount of features that enhance users experience on the bike. With 29 programs and 25 resistance levels you are definitely going to get your moneys worth.